Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our First Day in Ireland!


Our first day in Ireland was amazing!

First, we explored Grafton Street, which is the main tourist area of Dublin. Maggie, Ryan and I started off by visiting Bewley's Cafe for some caffeine to wake us up after a long flight (I love their tea). We also checked out Saint Stephen's Green, which is basically the Central Park of Dublin.

Afterward, we visisted the Book of Kells in Trinity College's library, which I found pretty impressive. My favorite part was learning about the scribes and what the artists used to make their vibrant paint. We also got to see the Long Room, which is a two-story library filled floor-to-ceiling with thousands of old books. I'm an avid reader, and I absolutely loved that room.

We also visited Dublin Castle, which was the home of the English viceroy when the English used to rule Ireland. Currently it's used for political events, such as the inauguration of Ireland's presidents.

To wrap up our day, we ate dinner at the Brazen Head Pub, the oldest pub in Dublin. It was so amazing to eat in a pub that had been around for over 800 years.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us!

1 comment: