Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Parting Blessing


I can't believe today's our last day in Ireland. It's all gone by so fast! I could stay for another two weeks.

We started off in the morning with a trip to Adare, "the prettiest little village in Ireland." There was a nice park, and the thatched roof was interesting, but besides that I wasn't sure what everyone was excited about.

Next we went to the Cliffs of Moher, which I've been waiting for this entire trip. I was not disappointed. They were absolutely stunning. Its amazing what beauty nature can create on its own. I could have spent all afternoon there, with the blue skies and the sun shining. It was unbelievable.


Our final scheduled activity for the trip was our medieval dinner at Bunratty Castle. It was so much fun! The food was great, and the entertainment was fabulous. I really enjoyed the traditional music and the setting of a real castle. It was a wonderful way to end a wonderful trip.


But no Irish parting is complete without a parting blessing:


"May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face.

May the rain fall soft upon your fields,

And until we meet again

May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment